Now, I look at street art through a different lenses. Maybe it's because I fell in love with some of the art I saw in the film Beautiful Looser. Mike Mill's work made me see that it wasn't scary with his legiable thought provoking sayings written in unexpecting places (below). It sort of opened this whole new world for me. Now I try to read any graffeti. It's no longer a language I don't understand. Even if it's just a tag, some of those have awesome lettering.
Love is worth it.Mike Mills
I still favor street art that is more 'girly' since that just my personality. Below are some examples from the CCA campus bathrooms.
Swivel Heart
CCA Bathroom, Oakland
I really want to take this idea further into a Valentine's Day card.
CCA Bathroom, Oakland
I really want to take this idea further into a Valentine's Day card.
The light behind this one makes it look like it's a neon sign at a store.
Irish Blessing
CCA bathroom door, Oakland
CCA bathroom door, Oakland
I like when people post things on bathroom doors. It's such effective advertising! I thought this was a nice "practice random acts of kindness" one. Sort of you're in the bathroom, re freshing yourself and readjusting your attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment